Tuesday, December 28, 2010

*FEATURED WEBSITE*: The African-American Diabetes GURU



I had a restless night. I awoke thinking about juicing. I had a bad feeling that I was setting myself up for serious failure. Was I juicing too many fruit, which would shoot my glucose levels higher. As I've stated before DIABETES is a huge concern in my family. My grandmother had her leg amputated about five years ago and battles eating right on a daily basis.

Before eating breakfast or saying my morning prayers, I hit the computer. I googled "juicing & diabetes" and found an amazing story. In this world, there is at least ONE man who has had his blood sugar elevated to over 1300 and LIVED to share his story. After awaking one morning, unable to move, he called 911. After regaining consciousness from a diabetic comma, he realized that decision saved his life. He was told that he would have to have BOTH legs amputated in order to live. Luckily, his daughter rejected that option, which set DeWayne McCulley on his fateful journey to save millions of people who continue to suffer from the side effects of diabetes.

No comments:

Post a Comment