Friday, December 31, 2010

Day 11: New Year's Eve Green Juice Du Jour

Well, here we have reached the last few hours of the last day of 2010. Parting is not "sweet sorrow" it's actually a celebration of achievements and a time to look to the future.

In 2010, the health of my immediate family was great. It was the first time that I made sure that 90% of my house was clean...almost beyond recognition, before the stroke of midnight. In 2010, I made a healthy resolution for the new year and started it BEFORE January 1st. Finally, this year, I lost more pounds than I gained for the first time in 10 YEARS! All in all, 2010 was a great year. I am looking forward to 2011 and have many positive plans for the next 365 days.

Today marked the second day that I juiced in the evening and I must say that I feel all the better for making this decision. Breakfast is the easiest meal for me to prepare and it sends me into the day feeling full and loved. I am usually a captive audience for lunch and use frozen dinners or a salad/sandwich combination to get me through the day. Dinner is the hardest meal for me to face because by the end of the day I am exhausted. By that time, eating is more of a task or chore. Therefore, juicing in the p.m. is a win-win situation for me.

My final breakfast for 2010 included 2 pieces of toast, 3 turkey sausage links, red grapes and water. Snack included 1/2 of a turkey/cheese sandwich. For lunch, Tim and I went to Olive Garden where I had the Steak Gorgonzola Alfredo...well it is the last day of 2010...Someone had to celebrate! Finally, for dinner, my green juice included: a plum (for the first time), celery, cucumbers and a blend of spinach leaves.

I believe that my system is getting used to not having such a sweet taste in this juice. I used my Produce Wheel to help guide me to fruit with 10 grams or less of sugar per serving. This tool has taught me the way to choose the healthiest fruit and vegetables, as well as the proper way to store them. It should be a part of every household's meal planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment