Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day 1: Tuesday 12-21-10

My juicing program began last night. I just could not figure out what to have for dinner. It was getting late and I knew that I had to find something to eat. Here is what I consumed: juice from carrots blended with soy milk and a sage leaf, which could help with inflammation in my joints. (Oh yeah, I have inflamed joints, too.) It was pretty satisfying and got me through the night.

Today my meal went like this: Pre-Breakfast - apples (juiced), oranges -peeled and juiced blended with romaine lettuce stalk, a sage leaf and soy milk. Breakfast - 3/4 cup of soy milk and 8 oz. of Honey Bunches of Oats cereal. Lunch - 1/2 cup of Jasmine Coconut rice with 3/4 cups of curry. Believe it or not...I COOKED! Snack - 1 small cup of applesauce with 2 sugar cookies.

Earlier today, I went to Oprah.com and located Dr. Oz's actual green drink (which was also printed in First for Women magazine). So many people talked about how thick and undrinkable the concoction was that I decided to create my own version of it for my dinner. It included: apples, juiced and cucumber, juiced. In order to recapture most of the fiber from the apples and cucumber, I took a good portion of the pulp (from the juicer) and placed it in my blender with spinach leaves, fresh ginger root, celery stalk and soy milk. While this recipe created a much thicker drink than I was used to enjoying, I know that the added fiber will help to cleanse my system better than juice alone. It will take a little adjustment on my part, but I think that it will be worth it in the long run.

With each gulp, I think about the ladies in the magazine who lost between 50 and 120 lbs. With weight loss on my mind, I daydream that this drink is nectar from God!

No comments:

Post a Comment