Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day 9: My Lovely Purple Juice



The juice that I blended, this morning, was a lovely shade of purple. We learned in elementary school that red and blue make purple...right? Well, this morning, I juiced celery stalks (green), carrots (blue/purple & yellow), cucumbers (green) and tomatoes (red & yellow), then I blended the juice with blueberries (blue/purple), cucumbers (green), and tomatoes (red & yellow). This mixture created the prettiest purple drink that proved to be just as tasty. After my scare, yesterday with adding too much additional sugar to my meals, I decided to use my handy fruit/veggie color wheel to add up my the total carbohydrates for this drink: carrots-10 grams (g.), cucumbers - 2g., tomatoes 8 g., blueberries -about 3 g. and the delicious celery has 0 grams of carbohydrates...which makes this veggie one of my new best friends!

Today is is my shopping day. Unfortunately, I juiced/blended my produce BEFORE taking a photo...bummer! (That just means that I will have to juice it again in about four-five days and take a shot to share it with you.) Above, I shared three of the ingredients (cucumber, carrots, blueberries) from this recipe. I am well on my way to juicing with all of the colors of these food groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment