Sunday, December 26, 2010

Day 6: Introducing Orangespinstraw Delight & the Rotation of Fruit/Veggies

This morning was a struggle for me. After a few days of juicing, I grew complacent and forgot that one meal doesn't make for a lifestyle change.

Weight: 189.8 :(

I increased my weight by 3.2 lbs. (I ate out for lunch & dinner on Christmas Eve AND for lunch on Christmas Day.) I was a little depressed by this early morning information; however, I pressed on. I resumed my a.m. wake-up exercise and juiced.

My new creation is called Orangespinstraw Delight, which consists of carrot & celery juice blended with oranges, spinach and strawberries plus the usual soy milk. It made the perfect 8 oz. Mason jar full of nectar. Because I chose not to add fresh apple juice, this mixture was not as sweet; however, it was just as satisfying.

In the book, "Get Healthy Now! with Gary Null" (specifically Chapter 10: Weight Management), it's stated that when dealing with food allergies, it's good to rotate food selections, so that the system does not get flooded with the same food over and over again.

So, it is my goal to use different ingredients each day (for a four-day cycle) to keep my system cleansed. That means if I have apples on Monday, then I will not juice it again until Friday (at the earliest).

This mini-rotation of ingredients means that I will need to research other fruit and vegetables. Also, I will have to reduce the DIFFERENT types of fruit/veggies that I add to my drinks and in addition find alternatives to soy milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment