Thursday, January 27, 2011

37: The Story of Fiber...told by Me!

Posting for 1-27-11
GOOD Thursday MORNING...

**This post was posted on 1-27-11; however, it will only show up when I have RED lettering. **

On Wednesday, I juiced before American Idol came on television. I juiced three carrots and blended the carrot juice with about 12 spinach leaves, 10 blueberries and about 1/4 c. of soy/rice milk. It made about 8 oz. and the result was a slightly sweet blend with texture. Because I need the fiber, I choose to blend the spinach (and other kinds of green leafy vegetables). HOWEVER, I am finding that there is NO real substitute for EATING veggies.

I found that juicing eliminates the fiber altogether, while blending makes the fiber so minute that its bulkiness is reduced and does not give it a chance to cleanse the colon. Therefore, I will need to add a fresh salad to my lunch today to ensure that I get plenty of unadulterated, fresh fiber.

No comments:

Post a Comment