Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Setting Healthy Goals: A Meeting with My Nutritionist

Chandra Carty, Nutritionist Extraordinaire

The new year is the perfect time to begin new habits and I have decided to make time, each month, to visit with Chandra Carty, my nutritionist. Chandra also happens to be an overall genuinely nice person, which is becoming a rarity in this day and time. We met in a one-on-one session to discuss my past successes and new goals for 2011.

Current Exercise habits: Zumba twice weekly, Power walking - once with one day of Jillian Michael's video thrown in on a GOOD week. Total of three days

Goals for 2011: Increase exercise to a definite four (4) days per calendar week (Sun. to Sat.); use a pedometer with the goal of walking 10,000 steps twice weekly...Good Luck, girl!

Food Goals:
1) decrease added fat (try for under 200g. per day)
2) decrease added sugar (track added sugar...try to keep it under 50 g. per day)
3) keep blogging...(add tidbits about emotional state before, during and after meals)
4) increase water intake (increase from 16 oz. to 32 oz. per day)
5) Eat out in restaurants ONLY twice per week

Having someone with whom to talk about my goals is a great release. Chandra helps me to analyze my eating habits and the attitudes that I have about food. This year, I am planning to join one of Chandra's healthy eating groups for monthly meetings.

Thanks Chandra!

No comments:

Post a Comment