Friday, January 14, 2011

Measurements #3: Drum Roll, Please!

I RARELY see The Oprah Winfrey Show anymore, but yesterday, I caught an episode (The Five Things You Need To Do in 2011) with my favorite M.D., Dr. Oz. He did this amazing demonstration about the ways in which hypertension effects the human body. When I tell you that it was the FIRST time that I really understood the concept, I am not exaggerating. After years of personal reading, research & my doctors' explanations, I finally got the reason why it's important to maintain a healthy systolic/diastolic pressure!
Also in that show, Dr. Oz stated that losing inches is more important than losing weight, especially for me because I carry extra weight in my midsection...which is very bad for my heart.

Well, this morning, I realized that I am 14 days into 2011 and I have not taken any measurements. So, I hopped out of bed, took care of some personal needs and whipped out my handy-dandy tape measure.

Here are the results:
* Bust: 42 3/4"----------------decrease of 1/2"
(under bust: 35" --------------decrease of 3/4"
* Waist (at navel): 34 1/4" ----decrease of 2 1/4"
GOAL of 30" or lower

* Pooch (under waist): 38" ----decrease of 1/2"
GOAL of 30" or lower

* Hips: 44" ------------------- decrease of 3/4"
* Left thigh: 28" --------------decrease of 1"
* Right thigh: 28 1/4"--------- decrease of 1/2"

Overall, I decreased inches on ALL parts of my body AND maintained a morning weight of 184.6!

Go Cindy...Go Cindy...Go Cindy!

No comments:

Post a Comment