Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 22: Another Snow Day, Eggs and Pre-dinner Juicing

Yesterday marked my 21st day of juicing. Yeah! They say that it takes 21 days to create a new habit. I say that thanks to juicing/blending at night, I am assured of a clean kitchen in the morning. :)

Breakfast included: an egg from The Country Hen (filled with Omega 3), Jimmy Dean turkey sausages (3), and one flaky Pillsbury biscuit with 1/8 tsp. of HONEY!

A Note about the eggs.: The eggs from The Country Hen are the best that I have ever tasted. I can taste the richness of the yolk and I simply love the fact that they are organic. Inside every carton is a note from the farmer that tells the importance of adding Omega 3 to the diet (to help prevent strokes). If you have never tried it, do yourself a favor. They come in 1/2 cartons. I found my eggs at Publix.

I was a little hungry for lunch, but I really didn't feel like cooking or fixing anything. So, I drank 8 oz. of soy milk with about a TBSP of chocolate syrup. It made for a pretty good shake-substitute.

*My stomach felt a little unsettled after drinking the chocolate soy mix. Perhaps, I went too long between meals. I will need to make sure that I eat SOMETHING every 3-4 hours. Being at home, makes me forget to eat.

My pre-dinner juice contained an apple, a handful of kale, two carrots, four Romaine lettuce leaves and almond milk.

For dinner, I made two jerk chicken quesadillas with flour tortilla shells. To the chicken, I added sauteed onions, bell peppers, sun-dried tomatoes with garlic and grated sharp cheddar cheese .

No comments:

Post a Comment