Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 12: A Wonderful New Year with My Two New Friends

Many people make new year's resolutions only to have their hopes and dreams smashed by March. I surely hope that I am able to follow through with this blog for another 353 days! I know that my juicer and my blender will be used daily; however, I am noticing that each day's juice serves a different function. As a novice juicer, I don't really have much to guide me because my body and nutritional needs are different from other people and I am try to be flexible enough to meet my daily needs.

Last night, after consuming my green juice, I felt hungry. Granted...my night did last beyond midnight; however, I was still hungry around 9 p.m. Instead of going to the Steak & Shake restaurant and getting a hamburger, I simply toasted a mini-bagel and gave my body some complex carbs. It did the trick and allowed me to make it through the early a.m. of January 1, 2011.

My menu for the day included: Honey Bunches of Oat with Almonds, 1/2 cup of soy milk and three large strawberries for breakfast. For lunch, I was just a little bad...We went to Golden Corral where I ate: a caesar salad with dressing & Parmesan cheese, ONE yeast roll with honey butter, lima beans, mashed potatoes with a little gravy, grilled onions/peppers, sweet tea and about 3 small chicken wings. I drank a 1/2 cup of green juice (1 med. apple and 1 small head of Romaine lettuce) as a pre-dinner juice...instead of making it dinner. For dinner, I ate 8 lemon pepper wings with a cucumber, tomato salad. The dressing consisted of a small amount of Parmesan cheese, sea salt, fresh ground pepper and fresh lemon juice. I'm not expecting to get hungry tonight... :)
----
Before my pre-dinner juice, I exercised for 20 minutes to my Zumba DVD. (I included protein in my dinner because it is needed for muscle repair, after exercising.
----
For this new year, I am predicting that I will be among the FEW people who fulfills their health resolutions thanks to my juicer and my blender. Go Cindy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment