Saturday, January 29, 2011

Days 38, 39 & 40: A Three-for-One Entry

Day 40--->For breakfast, I had two pieces of toast, buttered, three pieces of turkey sausage and 1/2 of a red grapefruit.

For lunch, we went to Olive Garden. I ate a salad and had Eggplant Parmigiana with a side order of Fettuccine Alfredo.

For dinner, I had chicken fajitas

Juiced/Blended Mixture: Orange juiced only

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 39---> January 28, 2011 FRIDAY

Got home late and went out to dinner. This night was an OJ only night. I juiced two oranges and called it a night.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 38---> January 27, 2011 THURSDAY

I wanted fresh squeezed orange juice. After I juiced two oranges, I realized that the standard cup of OJ that Americans are used to drinking must actually contains more than two to three whole oranges. Wow that's a lot of juice and sugar.

While buying juice is easier, juicing or squeezing it will allow one to see the number of whole fruit needed to create one cup of juice. With that information, perhaps people will realize that it MAY be too much added sugar (even if it is natural).

No comments:

Post a Comment