Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 19: Introducing My GINGER GREEN GODDESS Juice

This morning got off to a wonderfully slow start. I slept 'til 8 a.m. and started juicing about 9 a.m.
I decided to try some a new ingredient for this morning's juice...cauliflower (chou-fleur in French).
I juiced about 1/2 cup of cauliflower (stem and all) with 3 strawberries and one Granny Smith apple. The cauliflower juice only made less than an 1/8 of a cup of juice and it looked like low-fat milk. I was surprised to find that it had a slightly sweet taste to it. After checking my vegetable wheel, I found out that cauliflower has 5 grams of carbohydrates and 2 grams of sugar. I never thought that it contained any sugar, until now.

Along with my base juice, I blended 1 strawberry, a handful of spinach leaves, 1 plum, 1/8 tsp. of ginger root and 1/3 cup of almond milk. It made about a cup and 1/2 of liquid. I'm officially in LOVE with this juice! The taste made me return to the blender to get every delicious drop!

The first enticing thing about this juice was the alluring smell of the ginger that greeted my nose(and cleared my nasal passage), even before my first sip. It provided a smooth tingling feeling, as I drank this juice. All of the ingredients created the perfect green juice that I dubbed my Ginger Green Goddess juice, since it made me feel invigorated, beautiful (from the inside out) and alive! It will definitely become a staple (regular) juice on the weekends.

Breakfast is the best meal of the day for me because it is truly a break from my overnight fasting. It gives my morning the boost that I need to have a wonderful day. This Ginger Green Goddess juice satisfied my hunger until breakfast can be cooked. This morning, I am simply having pancakes and fruit, which should get me to lunch.
----
P.S. - I timed my juicing/blending this morning. It took about 1 hour for me to prepare the fruit/veggies, take pics, juice/blend/drink and wash dishes. That is comparable to preparing a regular meal; however, FOR ME it was so much more FUN and rewarding!!
---
Off- schedule today--Family business will cause me not to blog anymore today.

No comments:

Post a Comment