Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 35: Yesterday's Juice

ENTRY FOR MONDAY, JANUARY 24, 2011

Yesterday evening, my juice consisted of an apple, 3 celery stalks, ginger root, 2 half slices of cantaloupe and honeydew melons, 10 spinach leaves (blended).

As I unwrapped my melons, I noticed that one package was from Honduras, while the other was from Guatemala. Although I believe that our world contains many different types of bounty, I also believe that there must be melons closer to my home and available for my juice right here in the good ole U.S. of A. I live about 10 miles from Ga's Farmer's Market. Why can't grocery stores work with local farmers for such produce.

By the time fruit travels from South America, arrives in the stores, await my purchase, then continue to await my consumption, I am sure that the quality of the produce suffers. How can we work to address this concern?

No comments:

Post a Comment