Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 18: End-of-the-Week Juicing

"The best laid plans of mice and men, often go awry." What a very prophetic quote. After visiting my nutritionist, Chandra Carty**, this afternoon, I thought I would come home, juice, eat dinner and blog...blog...blog. Well, after leaving Chandra's office, I managed to bypass the local restaurants (unlike after my last visit with her...see SATURDAY, May 1, 2010 blog entry) and return to work/school. I ended up in an evening meeting with another teacher without stopping for any "real" food. Just so happen I remembered that I stashed a nutrition bar (Nature Valley Apple Crisp) in my classroom. It gave me the much needed energy to continue with my day AND it had zero trans fats!

**See tomorrow's entry for a blog about my visit with Chandra and my latest nutrition/exercise goals.

During the after-school meeting, I checked the time frequently because I knew that IF I stayed at school too long, I would get hungry and irritable. Luckily, that bar allowed me to stave off hunger until I made it home.

As soon as I made it inside my little townhouse, I dropped everything and prepared to juice. Because of the nutrition bar, I didn't feel jittery or anxious to eat. My stomach held out until the juice was ready. Halfway through the drink, I remember that I was suppose to take a picture of this last concoction. That's the reason the photo for this blog entry only shows a half-serving of the juice. (The rest was heading for my stomach...LOL.)

Tonight's juice consisted of 2 carrots, 2 celery stalks with leaves, 1 roma tomato, a large green bell pepper and about 1/8 tsp. of minced ginger root. These ingredients made for a slightly sweet spicy drink. (If you are new to juicing, I would recommend an apple to add a little more natural sugar to this juice.) This mixture allowed me to prepare my dinner without the slightest bit of hunger.

Friday night's dinner included: four (left over) Mardi Gras chicken wings from Publix and a tomato/cucumber salad. It was all that I needed for the night. The last thing that I wanted to do was to over eat before preparing for bedtime. This quick meal was over by 7:30 p.m.

Mid- afternoon snack was a small to-go-cup of Mott's cinnamon applesauce.

Lunch was a California Pizza Kitchen Margherita pizza from the frozen food section and Green Giant veggies.

Breakfast included: 2 mini bagels lightly buttered with two Jimmy Dean's turkey sausage links and water. Oh yeah, I had a small helping of grits and three small bite-sized pieces of Salmon croquettes.
*Once-a-month, we have breakfast for our faculty and staff at school. There was NO WAY that I was going to miss out on Ms. Shaffer's grits and croquettes. :)

---
Today, I only drank about 16 oz. of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment